To invest in real estate is a grand way to increase your possessions if done wisely and responsibly. It has become more a popular investment medium in the last fifty years. Though the real estate market is full of big gains and opportunities, it is much more complex than usual investment in stocks. The various fields to invest in realty are discussed below –
* Landownership – The most familiar type of investment in real estate is the practice of landownership. A person buys a property and rent it out to a tenant. The owner of the property will be responsible for maintain the property including paying the taxes and mortgage. A landowner covers all the aspects of the maintenance in the rent charges. He may also charge more to produce monthly profits. But the most general policy that every landowner adopts is to be patient and charge enough to cover the expenses.
* REIG – If you do not want to be landlord, another option to invest in a real estate is real estate investment groups. Here a company buys a set of apartments or blocks and then let investors to invest in through the company. In this way a group is formed. Company manages advertising an empty unit, talking with tenants, and takes care of maintenance. For this, corporation takes a fraction of the rent from the tenant.
* Real estate trading – Traders do not fall under the category of buying, selling and rent landowners. These traders buy a property with an intention of selling them with profit. They do not hold property for a longer time. This strategy is also called flipping properties. There are two categories of flippers. One is those who do not invest any capital into a home for improvement or maintenance and expect to turn into a profit when they sell it. Others are those who put some money for the maintenance of the house in renovating it.
* REIT – Real estate investment trust is created with the intention of using investor’s money to function and buy properties. It has a policy of paying 90% of its payable profits in the shape of dividends to upkeep its position as an RIET.
* Leverages – When you buy products in a stock, you pay the complete price of the supply when you place the order. Even when you buy on margin, you can borrow an amount much less than the original price. There are some mortgages that require 25% down and others may require 5% depending on the area where you live.
Above mentioned are few successful options to invest in realty sector. It is important to know the tactics of market to get best value of your money.