Finding ways to improve your customers’ experience will result in increased consumer satisfaction, which will ultimately boost sales. In our culture consumers expect personalized and knowledgeable service. Furthermore, individuals want to be able to connect with a company at any time, whether it is in person or via technology. Carly Norausky is a highly distinguished marketing professional who is skilled at enhancing customer experiences. Although it is difficult to satisfy needy consumers, Carly Norausky believes it is possible. Here Carly Norausky provides useful tips on how your business can enhance customer experiences and leverage better sales.
- Understand your customers. Carly Norausky notes that it is important to understand what your consumers want. By understanding the demographics of your consumer base, it will help you better develop experiences they are searching for. Carly Norausky states that younger generations are more comfortable using peer-to-peer communication, so offering social networking and instant service channels would be beneficial. It is critical to understand the communication preferences of your consumers or else your consumer experience strategy will fail.
- Align your service offerings with your brand. Carly Norausky believes that your brand is your identity, so it is important that you design a service experience that matches. Carly Norausky states that it is important that customers know what your company represents, so always look for ways to reinforce your brand.
- Offer open communication. Carly Norausky states that it is important to allow customers to start an interaction over one communication channel and complete it over a different one. In order to accomplish this, your business must integrate all channels so your agents can offer superior service. Carly Norausky recommends incorporating session histories into a database so the customer service agent does not repeat questions or searches.
- Couple your customer service system with others. Although it is important to have a database strictly for customer service purposes, Carly Norausky notes that it is critical to give agents access to other databases. Carly Norausky states that customer service agents should be fully equipped to answer any questions quickly and efficiently, so giving them access to other information should be of utmost importance. Customer service is a huge part of the consumer experience, so it is important to master this area.
- Keep your customers at the top of your mind. Although delays are inevitable, it is important to always communicate service expectations to customers to instill a level of trust. Carly Norausky states that your business should offer proactive services to customers such as service alerts and fixes for common issues.