Whether you’re looking for glass lanterns, LED security lighting or sensor spot lights, home security lighting is of vital importance.
Having good outdoor lighting discourages crime and makes it easier to spot criminals – it also helps your employees or guests to feel more secure.
LED security lighting is growing in popularity. The LED part stands for light-emitting diode which is a semiconductor based light source which creates light through a process called electroluminescence. Many people think that LEDs are new on the market, but they’ve been around for about fifty years. Modern developments, however, have enabled these home security lights to produce higher levels of light so that they can now be used for purpose lighting as opposed to incandescent, ambient lighting.
Have a look at the benefits of LED security lighting:
- They save energy: as much as 60 – 90% reduction in the amount of energy you would usually use.
- They last a long time: as long as 10 years in fact.
- This type of lighting can produce near white light which allows for colors to be better displayed and more accurate.
- They’re also more directions. These lights and glass lanterns can be directed to the area exactly where light is needed thus avoiding light pollution in unnecessary areas.
- The lights can be turned on and off instantly which makes them handy as motion detectors.
- They’re pretty rugged since they’re mad of solid-state components and don’t have any glass of filament to break.
- They’re environmentally friendly and don’t contain toxic materials.
- They’re also controllable since these lights can be dimmed and controlled for color purposes.
- LED lights are extremely flexible. They’re available in an array of forms from wall mounted fixtures to bollard fixtures, pole mounted fixtures and strip lighting fixtures too. The glass lanterns are a great replacement for incandescent lamps.
Upgrading Home Security Lights to LED Security Lighting
Many lighting professionals are of the opinion that Led lighting will eventually become a preferred choice for all outdoor security solutions. However, they’re also of the opinion that this type of lighting is only going to get better and cheaper in the near future. So for now, if you can postpone making the upgrade, do try to hold out.
In the meantime:
- If your outdoor areas are in immediate need to a lighting upgrade, then do definitely consider using LED light fixtures as an alternative to the more traditional high-pressure sodium or metal fixtures.
- If you really don’t need to immediately upgrade your lighting solutions, take your time researching the LED products and consider postponing until the prices come down.
- You can experiment by using LED lighting fixtures on a limited basis in order to try it out. So, for example, try replacing some of your current wall pack light fixtures with LED glass lanterns or an equivalent LED wall-pack feature. You could also opt to buy a few LED lamps to replace some of your current incandescent lamps.
Home security lighting should be upper most in your mind and looking into LED lighting is definitely the way of the future!
For more information regarding Led Security Lighting and Outside Security Light, please visit: http://www.mysolarproducts.co.uk/