Cosmetic dentistry is an increasingly popular way through which every one of us can change and improve the appearance of the smile. Not only in gaining a pleasant smile, but you can also overcome a few endless dental problems like discolored, broken or chipped teeth as veneers cover all the defects.
The two types of dental veneers are the composite and porcelain veneers which can alter the look of your smile. Of these two, porcelain is considered to be more durable and last longing as the ceramic used to cover the teeth is very strong. A properly maintained veneer of porcelain will last for 10 to 15 years.
• The basic advantage of these veneers is that they help in straightening the crippled teeth and even fill the gaps.
• Another crucial feature of this treatment is that it offers a realistic appeal. As porcelain is a ceramic and the teeth made out of this will exactly look like the natural teeth.
• They are very sturdy and last longing compared to the composite veneers which makes people prefer these.
• Even the ease of shape attracts everyone as they cannot be removed one prefer them with a perfect fit and proper shape that suits them.
• Though this treatment is expensive everyone are getting attracted as this offer a better appeal to the one after undergoing it that lasts for a longer period of time.
• The whole process of the treatment does not consume much of your time, as it gets completed just in two to three sitting.
• Just having an annual checkup helps in maintaining the shine of the teeth and following the dentist’s advice allows you to have a healthy smile.
• There are no side effects of the treatment, but brushing and flossing are two compulsory tasks which you should do regularly to maintain them.
Correcting the crooked and the discolored teeth one can drastically improve their look. With a perfect color and a pretty shape of the teeth improves the smile and increases the self confidence of a person.
But before undergoing the treatment of porcelain veneers ask your dentist all the queries and doubts you have regarding the treatment. Only get started with it after getting a clear idea on what the result would be.Check whether the treatment will allow you to become free of all your persistent dental problems and fill the unwanted gaps. The most important thing which you should check properly is about the person who is fitting a veneer. Never go to the person who is not licensed as no mistakes can be corrected and if you get lower quality veneer it will worsen your position. Always get your treatment done by an experienced and a professional person so that you need not worry regarding the quality of the veneers. Ask your dentist regarding the type of material used and follow all precautions that are suggested by him to have a long lasting appeal and a healthy smile.