It happens many times; by a twist of fate or intentionally but we do get influenced by real events in life. Let’s speak of you were watching a T.V commercial where you see a realtor promoting his brokerage. Perhaps, on the same day, you come around your bosom buddy who is now a known realtor. Soon after, you glance at classifieds and check the details of home on sale as well as of the realtors. You dream “Wish I could be a realtor?” and think, what does it take to become one?
There are few steps to becoming a realtor. But before we begin- Do you know the basic difference between a realtor and a real estate agent? Perhaps not, so let’s shed some light on this at first:
- A realtor and a real estate agent are both licensed to sell property. However, realtor being a member of National Association of Realtors subscribes to the Realtor Code of Ethics and various underlying Standards of Practice.
- Both property agents are seized to the similar legal values but are not authorized to use the expression “Realtor”.
Now, coming to the point, how can you become a realtor?
- Basic Qualification- Must have passed secondary education or well passed the general education development test. The person should not be less than 18 years of age.
- Requirement for obtaining a State License- rules, regulations and requirement may differ from country to country or state to state. You may get an application and read the brochure for more information or go through the state government’s site once.
- Complete the compulsory tutoring course- pre-licensing courses are available in every state that should be passed but the obligations for the classes and duration differs.
- Find a real estate brokerage: Prior to the course completion, you will be given a specific period to look for a real estate brokerage that will be further sponsoring you. You will be working under the supervision of this firm to learn buying, selling and legal tactics involved in a property deal. The sponsor may offer stipends in the due course and coach you will other new agents.
- Licensing Procedure: Once you have cleared all the semesters successfully and find a sponsor, you can obtain an application form for license and go through background verification. Copy of original mark sheets and your form should be submitted at the spot.
- Please note down that you would not be allowed to close any real estate deals until you have a state license with you and you have secured your real estate firm.
- NAR Association- Whether you would like to become a real estate agent or a realtor, it completely depends on you. But if you feel like using the expression “Realtor”, you may get in contact with NAR and apply for the same.
As you step into the real estate world, your sponsor will be your first “Guru” who will endow you the knowledge through the steps of building repo with a client as well as building a real estate portfolio. Eventually, you will also have to perk up your ability by joining continuing education courses and keep up the real estate certificate.
Are you are looking forward to newsunnyenclave Buy Property mohali? Investing in property is believed to be the best way to increase money. So let your money grow by making an investment in real estate. To know more about real estate investment, visit newsunnyenclave.com/buy.html